Here I go again, another summer, another reading goal. I simply must get a better understanding of my nonfiction collection, weed what I can, make notes for what needs to be updated and added, and make repairs to bindings, spine labels, and catalog records. It's a project that will have to extend to the school year, but I'd like to tackle as much as possible over the summer.
Here's the plan...
- Create a spreadsheet to track all the required information
- Last circulation date and number of times circulated in the last 4 years
- Copyright date
- Repairs needed: spine label, barcode label, torn pages, binding
- AR Level correct on book and in catalog record
- Location in catalog correct
- Notes: for use, display, updates
- Weeding decision - I know I will keep things that I can't afford to update
- Review at least one shelf a week
- Make a plan for using books in library lessons next year, or at least highlighting them for others to enjoy.