rss

Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren
by Barbara Park
Genre:  Realistic Fiction / AR 2.7

Every second grader loves to read the Junie B. Jones books.  Yet, when I ask them if they would like to have Junie B. in their class, they all shake their head, look at me as if I'm crazy, and say, "No way!"  Poor Junie B.  She's so misunderstood.  That's why I chose this book to review (of course, I've read them all).  When new student Warren arrives at school, Junie B. and both of her "bestest" friends are smitten.  After many shenanigans and attempts to win his favor, Warren tires of the girls and begins to sulk over missing his old friends.  Lucille and Grace become irritated with Warren and say those words that every elementary school teacher hates to hear, "I don't want to be your friend."  Not Junie B. though.  She sits down by Warren and keeps trying to make him feel better.  When Warren asks, "Why don't you just go with your stupid friends and leave me alone?"  Junie B. answers, "'Cause I am being nice, that's why..Plus also I am understanding of your feelings.  On account of Mother said that is how I make friends."  Yes, and I would just add you also make friends by being yourself.  Good going Junie B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment